Thursday, October 04, 2007

Swinging in the Rain

I read somewhere that Seattlites own more sunglasses than residents of other cities. That may sound strange (and who knows if it's true), but I recall when my sister Sarah visited a couple of years ago and I had to borrow hers because the "sunbreaks" (I don't think they have those where she came from) were making my eyes ache. She could easily sacrifice them because the sky looked grey to her. But Seattle's grey sky has long since stopped looking monochromatic to me; its variagate colors are far more interesting than a clear blue sky (though not necessarily more beautiful), and the colors of the earth below are deeper and more rich without the blanching of bright sunlight. I'm sure I will pine for those clear skies of summer long before they arrive, but for now (at the very outsent of it) I am enjoying Seattle's rainy season. And since we've got 8 or 9 months of mostly cloudy forcasts ahead (with scattered showers and sunbreaks), we'll have to keep swinging right on through it all.

2 comments:

LizzyP said...

I'm lovin' all the pictures of Susanna in a swing.

Andrea said...

Okay, I thought that she was FLYING! Adorable.