
We really like canoeing in the arboretum (now right by our home). This time was no exception: turtles and ducks were everywhere, paddling through the tall grass where the arboretum exits to the lake felt as adventurous as ever, and the slough was beautiful. On this particular trip it did not occur to me until right as we were getting in the canoe that hanging on to Susanna would be a full time job. Luckily, I have a super husband who can handle a canoe himself so I was free to do just that. And, as Susanna stayed happy and dry and the newlyweds handled their canoe amazingly well for beginners (can they really claim that canoe camps and rowing clubs don't count?), I'd call this outing a roaring success.
3 comments:
"Teach your children well"--I bet that songs all about taking them out in a canoe. She's a little biologist in the making!
Amy, I've tagged you! The rules are you post 6 things about yourself that people may not know. And then "Tag" six friends. You can see on our blog kind of how it goes.
Cheers!
Miranda
This is one of our favorite things to do as well. Did Susanna have any idea that she could fall in the water? :)
Post a Comment