We’re down to six weeks (more or less) before the baby comes, so we decided to take a little trip before my feet (not to mention my belly) are too swollen to endure travel.
Here’s a few happenings from our Salt Lake City visit.
New Nephews (and cousins)!
Welcome Caleb and Peter!
One of the first things that happened after we arrived is that Scott’s sister Lori delivered twins—eight weeks early! Amazingly, they are not only doing well, but they went home today! They are cute little guys (it was great to get to see the pair!) and we are very excited to have them join our family. Good work, Lori, Jeremiah, and little Jamus on surviving a multiples pregnancy. Now the easy part, right? (that’s a joke, but I’m sure you’ll do wonderfully)
Here’s a pair of bodysuits I made for the twins. Well, I only did the appliqué turtles (I bought the bodysuits at Target). Lor and Jer—and the rest of us—were expecting a boy and a girl but Lori actually delivered two boys. After much debate I decided to give them the gendered set anyway—and who knows; maybe one of them will like pink!
Milo!
My brother and his wife recently had a baby and we got to meet him soon after arriving in Salt Lake City. He is very cute. We knew that already because his parents have done a good job of keeping us posted, but it was definitely a treat to meet him in person. Susanna got to hold him—and she was in heaven. Thanks, David and Miranda, for sharing your son with my toddler. And thanks for the picture too (I took it from one of their blog posts).
Park City Reunion
One of the major impetuses to going on this trip was a little reunion my family planned in nearby Park City. Everyone but Sarah, who is busy preaching the gospel in Peru, came. This is a photograph we took hiking, but not everyone (including our own daughter) made it on the hike. Other than hiking, we also had a great time eating, watching movies, talking, and climbing up and down the several thousand stairs to Park City’s main street.
Scofield Tributaries
While we were in Salt Lake Scott, Susanna, and I also escaped for a bit of family time in the mountains.
We drove out to a beautiful part of Central Utah Scott and I once vowed to return to, and found the perfect place to pitch a tent on the banks of Bear Creek.
Here’s a photograph of Susanna and I huddled in front of the fire in the early morning waiting for the sun to reach us.
And here are some works of art we created the night before:
The next day we drove to nearby Fish Creek and hiked until Scott got too many ticks and scratches to keep going—
we had to abandon the real trail because of a broken bridge (I didn’t want to cross the river with all this extra weight on my front end). Here’s a picture of our sleepy camper (I’m referring to the barely-awake Susanna, but, after the hours of tent aerobics Susanna had put us through the night before, we were all pretty tired).![]()
We had a wonderful time!
We also went picnicking and miniature golfing at East Canyon with Scott’s parents, but didn’t get a photograph because we got distracted and left early when Susanna got her first wasp bite and it started raining. Susanna loved play
ing with family; playing, swinging, and climbing with her cousin Jamus and watching cousin Matthew’s very entertaining preschool graduation ceremony, and then throwing his broken kite around the house.
Scott took advantage of the opportunity to go fishing as much as possible and enjoyed the chance for more time with his little girl; I just listened to comments (compliments?) on how big I was and how obviously I was pregnant. We both loved seeing our families and Susanna get to know each other, and we all had a splendid time.
Here’s a photograph of Susanna at Silver Lake at Brighton.
4 comments:
Looks like fun! Hope all goes well with #2's arrival!!
Amy! It is so fun to see you looking so cute and pregnant. Thanks for including the picture of YOU (they seem to be few and far between).
I can't believe "little Lors" had twins. Good heavens-wish her luck for me!
I can't wait to see your little guy when he arrives :)
It just struck me how much you and your younger brother look alike. What a fun trip to squeeze in before Baby Hale's arrival.
You look cute pregnant Amy! We hope things are going well for you. When is your due date? Good luck with the delivery and all. We will be excited to see some pictures of your new little one!
Post a Comment