A family-- a cycling scientist, a crazy little girl, a happy toddler, and me-- navigating the exciting, sometimes difficult, but most of all wonderful adventure that is life.
Friday, May 22, 2009
Yeah for the Zoo!
I wish I could have included that last segment as a video clip rather than just the still (she was looking at the baby gorilla), but the computer had trouble processing it, so we'll have to settle for the excerpt I included.
Amy Anderson Hale! It has been such a long time!!! This is Adam Stewart, your long lost friend from a decade ago! So I had to write you but don't have your email address. Miyo told me about your blog but, still, no email address, so this will have to do. I had the most amazing thing happen to me a few weeks ago. I was in Peru filming a documentary for a humanitarian group I volunteer with. We were in Northern Peru in a city called Chiclayo and Sunday after church I totally ran into your little sister!!! I did not know who she was and she had no idea who I was. We ran into the sister missionaries while crossing the street and began speaking with them in Spanish. It was obvious to me that she had no idea what we were talking about so I asked where she was from. She said she was from Salt Lake so I asked where she when to High School. She said Highland so, of course, I immediately through up a Ram. She told me she lived by Parley's Way and suddenly it hit me! I looked at her name tag and said, "are you related to Amy Anderson?" She started screaming, "YES"! I can't believe I ran into your sister halfway around the world! She looked great and seemed really happy. CRAZY! Anyway, I thought you might get a kick out of that! It looks like you guys are doing really well. CUTE TWO YEAR OLD! Tell Scott hi for me!
1 comment:
Amy Anderson Hale! It has been such a long time!!! This is Adam Stewart, your long lost friend from a decade ago! So I had to write you but don't have your email address. Miyo told me about your blog but, still, no email address, so this will have to do. I had the most amazing thing happen to me a few weeks ago. I was in Peru filming a documentary for a humanitarian group I volunteer with. We were in Northern Peru in a city called Chiclayo and Sunday after church I totally ran into your little sister!!! I did not know who she was and she had no idea who I was. We ran into the sister missionaries while crossing the street and began speaking with them in Spanish. It was obvious to me that she had no idea what we were talking about so I asked where she was from. She said she was from Salt Lake so I asked where she when to High School. She said Highland so, of course, I immediately through up a Ram. She told me she lived by Parley's Way and suddenly it hit me! I looked at her name tag and said, "are you related to Amy Anderson?" She started screaming, "YES"! I can't believe I ran into your sister halfway around the world! She looked great and seemed really happy. CRAZY! Anyway, I thought you might get a kick out of that! It looks like you guys are doing really well. CUTE TWO YEAR OLD! Tell Scott hi for me!
Adam
adstew26@mac.com
Post a Comment