Woah time flies! Tomorrow we’ll be one week away from the due date and, while I’ve had some contractions that have kept me on my toes, I’m feeling well and am definitely still pregnant. Here’s a
picture to prove it (Scott took this last night during our evening scripture study). Look at that belly, can you believe it!? Do I really look like that? In the middle of a recent young women meeting at church a sixteen-year-old suddenly blurted out “Well, Sister Hale is preg-nant.” I guess I must look like that.
Lately, we’ve basically been trying to get everything squared away for baby brother’s arrival. We’ve rearranged Susanna’s room (now the kids’ room), bought a few pairs of socks, and washed Susanna’s gender neutral baby clothes, Scott and I went on our last child-free date for who knows how long (we took a gift certificate to Red Robin and then spent our own money on the new Harry Potter) as well as our last session at the temple together (for more information about temples, click here), and the three of us went on a little family outing to see if there were any sockeye at Ballard Locks’ fish ladder. I don’t have any photographs of doing laundry or watching Harry Potter, but here’s a few from the locks:![]()
![]()
(This four-in-one is Susanna boogie-ing on Scott’s shoulders to a jazz band that was playing on the lawn there.)
We have also started back through the alphabet again. This week we’re talking about the letter C. I found this classic sesame street excerpt to show Susanna. She loves it.
It’s been pretty hot lately, and to stay cool we’ve mostly been visiting wading pools and beaches and eating popsicles and ice
cream, but on Friday mornings Susanna and I have been going to the local community pool to swim. On the left is her after a swim and the right is her eating a homemade lime popsicle.
She loves
lime. Or maybe it’s green because her favorite ice cream is mint…
We’ve also been trying to keep our garden cool and hydrated, and we now have some yellow tomatoes (and many green ones) as well as a small green pumpkin (yeah!) but we’ve not had much luck with our carrots. This photograph is of Susanna watering the herbs on our deck.
One thing I haven’t been doing is quilting, but I suppose I’ll get to that again someday. Or maybe baby brother will give me another couple of weeks and I’ll be able to crank it out!
Just for fun (because I love it), here’s a photograph of Susanna in a “tent” in her bedroom.![]()
4 comments:
Susanna is adorable! Congratulations on her upcoming brother. Glad you're having some good family & couple time while you wait. So nice to see you & your family!
She is so, SO grown up. I can hardly believe how quickly that little girl went from little girl to big girl. I'm so glad she has a tent of her own (even if it isn't watertight)--she'll need one of those, I'm sure.
SO cute amy! you look darling, and i can't wait for the phone call announcing the news. i love the boogie dance on scott's shoulder. miss you and love you
Amy, I'm so excited for you. We sure miss you guys and can't wait to hear all about little brother when he arrives!
Post a Comment