Friday, April 25, 2008

Let's go fly a kite

Susanna and I hang up pictures of the letter of the week (although they are always up for more than a week) around our apartment. Right now we are on K and one of our pictures is of a kite. I don't think Susanna had any idea what a kite is when I made and hung up the picture so I decided to go to Pinocchio's Toys to buy the cheapest kite they sold, and today we took it to Kite Hill at Magnuson Park. I learned a few things from the experience:

1) I have no idea how to assemble or fly a kite (I'll have to get some help from my wonderful sister-in-law Miranda who comes from a rich heritage of kite flying).

2) Walking distances that seemed hardly worth mentioning when you didn't have any kids can seem quite long when you have a toddler.

3) Excursions that are in all obvious ways a failure can still be great fun and therefore a rousing success.

5 comments:

rudi said...

that is so great... there must be something exciting in introducing the best things in life to the little ones... like flying a kite. miss you guys!

LizzyP said...

Funny realizations you made. Yay for K.

Anonymous said...

you're a great mother - you inspire me.

cherlyn and family said...

Cool and I flying is hard but is fun when you get it I mean the kite.

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of Susanna, what a great shot!! We (Rachel) have been meaning to get Ella a kite for weeks now. You're always one step a head of us.