Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Grass is Long

017The ponds in the natural area have filled up and the grass is getting long.  Soon the cotton trees will go to seed and gnats will fill the night air.  Summer is coming.  My kids and and I took our well beaten path around the Union Bay loop to drink in the abundant sun.  The resident eagles were out, flying high overhead.  Susanna said yes, she saw them, but I don’t know.  She always says yes.  I think she saw the heron, and I know she saw the bullfrog.  We noticed that his throat beat together.  Seattle summers are perfect, and we’ll have to visit our natural area many times before this one ends.  Because by the time the blackberries are gone, we will be too.  038 034

045058053

3 comments:

Kate said...

Love this post. love your thoughtful words. miss you:)

Melissa said...

how sweet... I am so glad that you have lived and loved so abundantly in your time in Seattle... it will be fun to see where you end up next... we are hoping for the DC area!

Rachel said...

This reads like a poem. Lovely.