The first six months of Andrew’s life have gone by a lot faster than the first six months of Susanna’s. It’s like the “speed up, double” effect on Windows Movie Maker. When I was taking these photographs yesterday (on his half birthday) I was struck by how big he looks! I think it was the sitting poses, because he is just starting to get a handle on sitting (he’s not quite independent yet) and they make him look a lot more grown-up than the laying-on-your-back pose. I hope he’s not grown up and moving out too soon: we’re enjoying having a happy baby Andrew around. Here is what Andrew is doing these days:
- Saying “da” and “boo” and a few other things
- blowing spit bubbles and drooling; lots and lots of drool
- Exploring everything with his hands and mouth
- Starting to give baby "suck-on-your-chin” kisses
- Smiling at everyone, especially Susanna
- Following a predictable sleep schedule
- Rolling front to back, almost exclusively on the left side
- Jumping
- Sleeps swaddled tightly, usually with his head and back arched in a very awkward way
- Knocking down towers and playing catch
We went to the doctor yesterday and she (the pediatrician) said that Andrew is 19 lbs and 27 inches, which is about the 75 percentile for both categories. He was only barely longer than last visit though, so the doctor and I surmised that this or his last measurement was incorrect. It’s a really fun age, though, and we’re all having a wonderful time with this happy sweet playful guy.
Here are a few more photographs, including a triptych of him rolling over.
5 comments:
Can't believe he is 6 months old! he is oh cute and such a happy happy guy. Love his smile.
He is oh so cute - I love his big smile - sorry my last comment didn't make sense.
Look! He's both Scott and Amy at the same time! That's magical! What a perfect smile.
he is growing up so fast! What a darling little guy!!
I love the photo of him going for the teething ring, on his way out of the frame.
Post a Comment