Hats off to all parents of two or more children.
Woah. How do you guys do anything or go anywhere? Don’t get me wrong, I’m keeping both of mine, but after such episodes as trying to fish bath toys out of the toilet with one hand while keeping
Andrew latched on with the other (or at least not dropping him in the toilet with Susanna’s unlucky orca), all the while defending Andrew against the hard plastic heads and limbs of Susanna’s dolls, I’m a bit taken aback by our drawer with one stamp in it—and the following need to go to the post office.
It’s not so much needing stamps that gets me (I can make Scott go or something) it’s that even even considering going with both of them makes me dizzy with admiration for those of you who have done it.
6 comments:
amen, sista.
imagine this... sadie in baby bjorn, owen the curious putting his hand in sliding automatic glass door at michaels crafts. me panicking. owen screaming. sadie screaming. me pulling owen's hand out of between the 2 glass doors. owen crying. sadie crying. return to car. nurse sadie. never go back to michaels again. at least not with 2 kids.
There's no rush to mobilize all the troops. It took me at least six weeks before I could get my timing down to take Nichole and Missy out anywhere by myself. And then it was always a crap-shoot whether we would make it any further than the end of the driveway before there was a potty-training accident, tantrum, random sobbing (sometimes me) or sudden onset of baby hunger. Or all of the above.
Don't worry. It goes away in about 18 years...
It's a tough adjustment isn't it?
You kind of just have to get used to chaos and bending over all the time. But you are such a great mom - be patient with yourself, things will come along and you'll get your system down! Good luck :)
It gets better! It gets easier! It doesn't feel like it, but you won't actually die with a baby attached to your boob (that's how I always felt anyway, my girls were VERY frequent nursers). I'm with Sherri--wait at least 6 weeks before you even try--until then, there's Scott, VTers, neighbors, and friends.
Congratulations--Andrew is a cutie and I LOVE his name!
Hang in there
Amen.
Post a Comment