Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines and Presidents

IMG_5602

We haven’t talked about presidents as much as valentines this weekend (well, not with Susanna anyway), but we did talk about Abraham Lincoln a little bit (Happy 200th, Abe!).  And we also had a wonderfully fun weekend!  A hot date to the symphony for Scott and I (Susanna thought we should have gotten ice cream because that’s what she and Scott always do on their daddy-daughter dates but was mollified, I think, when I told her that we had a chocolate torte); a “mommy-daddy-daughter date” with pizza, ice cream, and a playground; a reunion with my second cousin (complete with the usual delicious dinner); and a fabulous hike up Little Mount Si.

IMG_5610

3 comments:

Melanie said...

you guys are so great - love the pictures! Eric showed my how to comment on my new computer set up. Wahoo!!

Andrea said...

I love mollified--Susanna is bound to have a GREAT vocabulary. Oh, I miss Mt. Si. Last time we did that one our Si was just a few months old--it was lovely!!

Melissa said...

Love the family photo... Amy, you look a lot like your beautiful mom in that picture...