National Gallery and we couldn't take photographs there. I can give you a thumbnail of a painting we both really liked though, it's Turner's "Dido Building Carthage" (on the left). You'll also see photographs of Buckingham Palace and the famous palace guards. We stumbled upon Buckingham Palace
roaming around Trafalgar Square before we went to the National Gallery for the first time.
On the right is a tower from the beautiful parlimentary buildings, of which Big Ben (not pictured) is a part.
We also saw Les Miserables while in London (Scott and I both love that musical and book). And we were not disappointed. Then we headed back for our last night at the Waltmans.
Which brings me to a very important part of our trip to England: my cousin Emily Waltman and her husband Tyler. They not only offered up their flat to us to sleep, but proved invaluable resources in the planning and execution of what turned out to be an absolutely fantastic trip. Unfortunatly, although I got a photograph of three nameless buckingham palace guards I don't really care about and saw only for fifteen seconds, I managed not to get a photograph of them (although you can look at their blog here to meet them for yourselves). We had a great time chatting with them and would have had a great time on Tuesday night hanging out with Emily (while Tyler was working in Spain) had we not gotten lost on the way into town and arrived three hours late.

1 comment:
WOW! WHOA! WOW! I haven't read every word exactly, but I looked at each picture and laughed at some cute Amy-isms. I'll come back when I have a couple more minutes to read the record. I'm so glad you got to go to England. Yet another reason why you shouldn't be working for Tryg--you would never have taken time off for this.
Post a Comment