Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Onward Christian Soldier

Gordon B. Hinckley, long time leader of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, passed away January 27, 2008. Click here for full article from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints newsroom.

I am so very grateful for his tremendous faith and the labor he put forth on behalf of all his brothers of sisters on this earth. And though I will miss his sweet sense of humor and his wonderful testimony, most of all I am so happy that, after 97 years of the joys and sorrows that this life brings, he gets to move on to the next (click here for more information about this "next" of which I speak). And so I bid "onward," to this most stalwart of christian soldiers.

1 comment:

LizzyP said...

I join with you in celebrating this great time for him--time to move on, no doubt to more work, without that cane to carry around.