Thursday, January 17, 2008

One day...

I went to the dentist's office today and I decided that I love going to the dentist. Is that wierd? Before you all say yes, let's think about it: everyone at the dentist's office is nice (Today someone even told me that I have the best gums they've ever seen. How exciting! True, I left out the part where she qualified that remark, but when am I ever the best at anything?), you get to sit in one of those cool reclining chairs, and they give you gifts when you leave. But my favorite part is the teeth cleaning. It is surprisingly relaxing (I almost tipped over when I tried to get up to leave, although I suppose that could have just been clumsiness) and then you feel so clean! I told the dental hygenist how I feel and she laughed and said she doesn't hear that very often. I also told her that one day, if I am rich enough to afford luxuries I don't need, I will have a dental hygenist clean my teeth every month. Doesn't that sound wonderful?

10 comments:

Cailean said...

Hey there - I love your blog! I think I found the link through Andrea but I can't recall. Anyway, I had to post a comment that I totally agree. I'm grateful I never developed a "distaste" for going to the dentist. It is indeed relaxing and you know it's helping you at the same time. Plus, it's a little break time all for you!

jules said...

AAHHHH! I am gearing myself up to take my kids to the dentist in a week! I'm trying to imagine telling them that it's all good. I'd rather do a lot of things than go to the dentist...eat cottage cheese, get a paper cut, etc.

Anonymous said...

one day i hope i will feel that way about the dentist. Going to the dentist for me is like checking my bank account..once i get enough courage to do it, its usually a horrible experience. Thanks for your positive attitude, you inspire me.

cherlyn and family said...

Hey.... Cute story. I hope that your family is doing well.

rudi said...

don't worry, everyone thought i was strange growing up when i told them that not only do i love going to the dentist, but i LOVE my dentist. the most confused ones were those who didn't know and never knew that MY DAD was my dentist. cleaning is the same for me, i get up and look like someone just woke me from a long winters nap. i bet you'll never do what one guy did when i was dental assisting though... he fell asleep and snored his way through a ROOT CANAL!!! who does that! my brother and i just laughed our way through the procedure! thanks for replying to our blog:)

Andrea said...

Yes--I love the dentist too! Who is yours? Ours just turned his practice over to someone else.

Amy said...

We go to Gordon Sako in the office buildings accross from Sand Point Pediatrics.

newyorkjen said...

Amy! My sister-in-law somehow found your blog and forwarded the link to me. How wonderful! We miss you and hope all is well.
Much love,
Jen Sanders

Tyler and Emily said...

As a dental hygienist I am absolutely THRILLED to read this! You are the ideal patient, I would be honored to clean those beautiful teeth and perfect gums of yours one day!

LizzyP said...

You're hilarious, Amy! I must laugh out loud. Maybe I need to decide that I love the dentist, too-maybe that will make all the difference in the claustrophobia I feel when I'm in that chair. I'll let you know how it goes. Maybe I should start flossing my teeth now in preparation for the big turn-around in my attitude.