Monday, November 12, 2007

Halloween!




This year Susanna was a skunk for Halloween. It is an adorable costume except that without the hat she looks like a priest from the front. I have nothing against priests, but I that's definitely not what she was for Halloween (does dressing up your toddler as a priest seem wierd to anyone else?).

Above you'll also find a photograph of the pumpkin sign Susanna and I made. It is worth posting because it has Susanna's first scribbles on it; in the past when we've gotten out the crayons she has only wanted to eat them (admittadly, she was still trying to eat them quite a bit while we were working on the pumpkin).

There is also a Halloween family photograph from a little party we attended. Scott, as you can probably tell, was a robot. His costume was excellent-- he even won the "grand champion" award at the party for it. I, as you can probably not tell, was "The Grapes of Wrath." Earlier in the evening I had quite a few grapes attached to me, but they didn't last long. Scott was not the only person who won something at the party: I won the doughnut eating contest bringing home a little plastic aquarium with some tiny fish that grew to 400% of their original size. Is that something to be proud of?

To see photographs of last year's Halloween (there are no words; apparently I have become more verbose), click here.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Amy-I love you! We need to hang out soon.

Andrea said...

That sounded a little yearbookish didn't it? Just reading your blog made me want to get together. Do you have a zoo pass?

cherlyn and family said...

Very cute picutres. What a great costume.

jules said...

I love your pictures!! Your costumes are awesome. And yes, dressing up your toddler as a priest would be pretty weird. I loved seeing the pictures of Susannah from last year as well. She's so grown up! But she still totally looks like her as a baby.