Sunday, January 09, 2011

Little Hands

Whenever we get in the car Andrew asks to listen to Raffi’s “Baby Beluga.” “Bay-boo!” he cries. It’s only slightly different than a million other words he says, such as “bay-bee” for baby, “bu-boo” for belly button—or any button for that matter, or simply “buh” for bread or beans (and also probably anything else that starts with B). But this morning when we got in the car to go to church he forgot. Maybe it was because Susanna was shouting “the scriptures are the word of God!” over and over again. That was the first and last line of the talk she gave today in Primary. Or, more accurately, I gave a talk in primary. She stood there at my side, quietly correcting me when I made a mistake, but otherwise obstinately silent. Next week she gives the scripture.

Susanna has also learned to write her name this week—with the last letter and the complete word finally arriving Monday. Why didn’t I take a picture? And Andrew still loves to say her name. All the time, he’s either looking for her or for his beloved stuffed dog “puh-puh.” He walks around the house saying “Nah-nuh” (and/or puh-puh) all the time. And Susanna is becoming a very affectionate big sister. She loves to kiss him on the top of his head.  She grabs his head and pulls it to the the proper height, and then tightens her lips into a big fish pucker and plants it right on the crown of his head.  He, of course, loves this, especially when he makes it through the all the prelude unscathed. IMG_0885Andrew loves cuddles from anyone. And if he’s not being held, he wants to hold your hand. He’ll look at you with a cocked head and reach an open hand your way. “Guh-guh?” He’ll say. And then “Guh-guh!” I’m not sure what that means. Please hold my hand? Come? But it’s adorable. Susanna loves to hold hands too. And her little hand feels so good in mine, especially when she pulls me down to her side to tell me something “very important.” “I love you,” she’ll whisper, and then give me a big bear hug. What could be better?

Here is a photograph of Susanna not giving her talk for me on the video camera.

2 comments:

Kate said...

We are in bed, but we are CRACKING UP! Susanna shouting in the car is what really brought the tears though. Haha! So funny. Love you guys.

Melanie said...

I love hearing about your children! Such great little spirits! I hope you are memorizing your scripture for next week Amy!