Friday, June 11, 2010

Cake, Paint, and Box

IMG_9014IMG_9024

This week Susanna and her little best friend had an Un-Birthday party.  Which, when I host it, is basically a play-date with a birthday cake.  The girls had a great time decorating the cake and blowing bubbles (that was their birthday gift) and, as always, simply playing together.

The next day, we went to a Student Housing finger-painting activity.  Susanna and the same best friend were above crawling around in paint, but Andrew did a little painting.  His toenails are still purple.

We also got a new tent this week. We’ve outgrown our little three-man backpacking tent so we spent our REI dividend on a much bigger one.  And the lucky kids got to color on the box and crawl through it over and over again.

Next up: graduation.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the idea of an unbirthday party! You are such a great mom. Andrew looks like he had fun. Excited to see you tomorrow.

Melissa said...

a budding artist!!!

Katrina said...

Good job letting your kids get messy. Sometimes I feel like I think too much about the clean-up to let my kids make great messes like that. Andrew is a doll.