Monday, September 28, 2009

Out and About

I am happy to report that today I took both children to the grocery store, and we all returned home emotionally intact!  IMG_6777_1_2I was so excited that I almost took Susanna to the ice cream shop on the way home to celebrate, but I thought I better not press our luck.  Luckily, she didn’t realize going to the grocery store was such a cause for celebration, so she was content to go home and play with her “children.”   IMG_6766I gave Susanna a scoopful of chocolate covered pretzels from the bulk bins that kept her happy until we were just finishing up, and Andrew slept the entire time.

5 comments:

Miranda said...

Yay! I can't imagine-I feel like a circus with just Milo. You all deserve that ice cream:)

Melanie said...

what great photos amy - caught the looks perfectly

Melissa said...

It looks like Andrew is looking up to Susanna already! What darling kids and what a great mom and dad.

LizzyP said...

I love that first one. Way to survive the insanity of errands with your recently expanded crew. It only gets better.

Katrina said...

I love those pictures! And it sounds like you weathered your first grocery store trip with 2 kids better than I did mine--the actual store was fine, but we were all in tears as I was unloading the groceries. Thank goodness it's easier now. : )

Andrew is such a cutie and Susanna is such a big girl. Miss you all!