Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Festivities

You’ve already seen our bread bunnies (or if you haven’t, you can by clicking here).  Here are some of the other things we did to celebrate Easter.

We dyed Easter eggs and then had smoothies:IMG_5988IMG_5985

Susanna participated in a “Spring Egg Hunt” at our local community center.  I’m not sure she grasped the importance of Christ in all of our Easter festivities, but she certainly latched right on to the idea of an Easter Bunny.  In one of the photographs below, you’ll see her looking adoringly at the famed large white rabbit.  She probably gave him (or her?) three hugs before we dragged her away (dragged Susanna, not the Easter Bunny).  Pictures:             IMG_5994IMG_6001

And here’s our own little egg hunt on Easter morning.  Susanna enjoyed finding the eggs and loved the bubbles.  That little Easter treat is gone already (she dumped all the bubble juice on the floor after two rounds of bubbles), but hopefully the seeds we gave her will sprout.  And here’s the pictures:IMG_6011_1IMG_6017IMG_6018

One of the wonderful things that happened to me this Easter was an assignment to teach an Easter lesson to the Young Women.  There was no manual so I found myself, in the weeks preceding Easter, reading various talks, articles, and addresses on the wonderful Easter story, and then, on the day before, the story itself in all four of the gospels.  This research and preparation was a fabulous way to prepare for this, perhaps the most sacred of days on our calendar.  I felt more keenly the love of my Father in Heaven and of my Savior Jesus Christ as I partook of the sacrament yesterday than I had in a long time, and it was a potent reminder to me, not only of the power and truth of the atoning sacrifice, but also of our ability as His disciples to find the comfort of his love and the strength of his gospel through the simple pattern of searching, pondering, and praying.

While in the throes of this preparation, I came across a little video produced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I really like it, so I’m giving you a link to it here.  It’s about four and a half minutes long.

3 comments:

Mike A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike A said...

Amy, I come to look at your blog to see the latest expoits of the cutest girl in the world, which I get every time, and as a bonus I get a spiritual message, which edifies me, and gives me hope for the future of the world and that cute little girl (and Jeffrey Scott Jr. on the way).

LizzyP said...

I can't remember--did you have really curly hair like hers? I guess you have curly hair now, but hers seems a little curlier. Happy belated Easter.