A family-- a cycling scientist, a crazy little girl, a happy toddler, and me-- navigating the exciting, sometimes difficult, but most of all wonderful adventure that is life.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Raspberries
When we picked strawberries a month ago, I made up the rule that Susanna had to put one berry in her bucket for every one that she ate. She didn't quite make it, but at least she garnered a net gain in strawberries. It quickly became apparent that today all I could hope for was that I could retain enough of the berries that I picked to make it home with a pile that would justify the trip, and I'm happy to report that after an hour of weakly enforcing the new rule that she couldn't eat raspberries from my box, we managed to gather a respectable load, and happy, dusty, and pink-cheeked we headed home. Hopefully Susanna won't get sick from all the hard white raspberries she ate.
Amy--she is a doll! I love the rule--I would have really enjoyed hearing you explain it. When I have a "rule" for Simon he just nods his head over and over again--very rarely does he obey though!
Very clever! Hey... Kimmie and her husband are moving to Seattle for a month. Give me a call and I'll give you some numbers and details. Such a cute kid you have there!!!
5 comments:
Amy--she is a doll! I love the rule--I would have really enjoyed hearing you explain it. When I have a "rule" for Simon he just nods his head over and over again--very rarely does he obey though!
Yum. I don't blame your SuzyQ--I'd have a hard time following that rule, too.
Oh I love those pictures of blueberry picking. It was so fun to hear susanna sing tonight. Can't wait to see you!
that looks so fun!! and can I say how jealous I am that you are going to see my sis in her full glory?! please hug her lots from me!
Very clever! Hey... Kimmie and her husband are moving to Seattle for a month. Give me a call and I'll give you some numbers and details. Such a cute kid you have there!!!
Post a Comment