Monday, March 03, 2008

Push-ups


Susanna likes to participate in our exercise. For example, she'll come sit on my stomach when I am doing sit-ups. When I am doing push-ups, she enthusiastically yells "pu-pu," and when I am done she'll ask me to do more, and then more, and then more (she has even pushed me onto my hands and knees to help get me going). This gets very tiring, so I was glad when she started doing them herself, allowing me to distract her from betraying my weakness by telling her to do them herself. The top photograph shows what she does when it is her turn (there is no movement involved); the bottom is her resting between repetitions. As a variation, she will reach her arms straight out to the side parallel to the ground, rather than have them help support her weight alongside her head (sorry, no photograph of that). She even counts as she does them "two, one, eight, nine," although her pronunciation isn't as perfect as my dictation would lead you to believe.

3 comments:

cherlyn and family said...

That is really cute.

Dave and Miranda said...

That looks like the beginning of a very healthy habit! Wish every 18 month old learned about exercise!

tarynn said...

Clearly Susannah's phenomenal six-pack proves how much she works out! She's adorable! Thanks for blogging, so i can keep up with the Hales :)