Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Breakfast Baggy

March 25, 2008
Susanna has recently found great interest in cooking. Well actually she has been trying to get in on the cooking for quite a while, but only in the past month or so have I given in to the determined pleas ("Mommy uh uh uh (uh = up). Mommy!") she made whenever I started making something. When I finally picked her up and found ways for her participate, I discovered that cooking with Susanna is great fun and, thanks to my new IKEA stool (is that word always in all caps?) not nearly as difficult as I had imagined it would be. Here Susanna is making pancakes (which she pronounces baggy) in her pajamas. Hopefully it won't be long until she's making me breakfast in bed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS! maybe she'll be able to make me a 10-layer cake in time for my birthday...

cherlyn and family said...

Cooking is great thing to do. I wish you guys well.

rudi said...

DARLING picture! i love the apron. hope you guys are doing well. any trips planned for home?

jules said...

She has the best face in this picture - totally focused, content, and sweet! My kids LOVE to help in the kitchen too. It's nice when they get older and can stir things for you. :)

Rachel said...

Love this!!! Probably because Ella does the same thing--but we don't have room for the stool in our 21 sf kitchen (that's being generous) so we end up doing a lot of our mixing on the ground. Where did you get the apron?