Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Eric gets hitched!

My younger brother Eric (he's 3rd of 6) got married on Wednesday August 15. We couldn't be more happy about it. Eric is a wonderful person who tries hard to do what's right and helps those around him find greater joy in life. Kate is gracous and genuine and I am so excited both for Eric to be yoked with such a wonderful woman and for us to welcome her into our family.

The ceremony (which was in the Salt Lake Temple) was beautiful and we had a great time at the dinner and reception as well. I found myself coming away from it all not only tremendously excited for the new couple (which I was) but also with some other blessings: a greater understanding of the ordinance of marriage, more gratitute for the gospel and my own marriage, and a feeling of joy and hope for the future of my little family.

I don't have any photographs of the event, but here is one of our family from 1989. Eric is the one in front with the blue Mickey Mouse shirt.

1 comment:

cherlyn and family said...

Very exciting for your brother. I wish him the best.